TLC is the steward of an impressively important and valuable public asset – over 5,000 acres of school board land. Each parcel of board property and the buildings on them are not only part of a local community, but also hold a rich supply of data including utilization, age, condition, enrollment projections and operating costs. Access to, and an understanding of this data, is key to making the best future decisions regarding site redevelopment potential and modernizing the system. In the data decks included below, we begin to make available this information. Over time we will add to it and build upon it as we measure the value and opportunity to advance the rebuild of Toronto public schools.
- Strategic management of the real estate portfolio
- Development of opportunities in support of student learning
- The creation of financial benefits that support the TDSB Capital Program
- Protecting the TDSB’s legal interest in all transactions
- Mitigating liability
- Collaboration with private and other public agencies on potential development projects
- Expert advice on all portfolio property values